Tech Tip: Searching the MAK Doc Set
If you read MAK documentation in PDF form, you probably know it's easy to search within a manual -- just type Ctrl-F in most PDF readers and enter a search term. But what if you're not sure which book you need to look at? Here's a way to search across multiple PDFs. We'll use Adobe Acrobat Reader here, but other PDF readers have similar capabilities.
- Download Adobe Acrobat Reader (available free: https://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions/)
- Locate or create a folder containing all the PDFs you want to search. The search looks at subdirectories. For example, if your VT MAK products live in C:\MAK, you could use that folder to search the documentation for all installed products, or C:\MAK\vrforces4.7\doc to search only the documentation shipped with VR-Forces 4.7.
Note: If you decide to make a new folder for the PDFs to be searched, we recommend that you copy the PDFs from your MAK install directory rather than moving them.
To search multiple PDFs:
1. In Adobe Acrobat Reader, choose Edit > Advanced Search.
2. Select All PDF Documents in.
3. In the drop-down menu, select or browse to the directory that contains the PDFs to search (for example, C:\MAK).
4. Enter a search term.
5. Select search options (whole words only, case-sensitive, include bookmarks, or include comments).
6. Click Search.
Reader displays clickable search results for each PDF file in the folder.