VT MAK Demonstrates HLA Evolved and DDS Interoperability, DI-Guy Human Simulation Software, and Web & Mobile Technology at ITEC 2014
MAK showcases two key demonstrations: a driving simulator using VR-Vantage IG and DI-Guy, and a maritime simulation with web-based training interfaces and new mobile applications
Cambridge, Mass., May 20, 2014 – VT MAK, (MAK), a company of Vision Technologies Systems, Inc. (VT Systems), today announced that it is showcasing its complete line of simulation software, with a focus on simulation interoperability and its newly acquired DI-Guy human simulation software at ITEC 2014, May 20–22 (Booth C140) in Cologne, Germany. MAK is also demonstrating the MAK WebLVC Server and MAK WebLVC Suite, which enable web-based federates to participate in distributed simulations as well as its new web and mobile applications which include the Training System Demonstrator.
- Simulation Interoperability – MAK is showcasing its entire HLA Evolved supported product line, continuing the company’s dedication to simulation interoperability. Demonstrations will show how VR-Link, VR-Exchange, the MAK RTI, and the WebLVC Server use traditional and new technologies to connect simulations, whether the simulators span local or wide area networks or protocol boundaries like DIS, DIS 7, HLA 1.3, HLA 1516, HLA Evolved, and now DDS.
- DI-Guy Human Simulation Software – MAK’s ITEC 2014 presence unveils the first major release of DI-Guy since it was acquired by MAK in early 2014. The company is demonstrating DI-Guy human characters autonomously reacting to simulated vehicles, where operators will drive a Light Infantry Vehicle (LAV) modeled using CM Labs’ Vortex physics module with out-the-window visuals rendered by VR-Vantage IG. MAK is also highlighting the following DI-Guy products and capabilities:
- ECOSim, DI-Guy’s company-level training simulation that teaches leaders how best to deploy troops, UAVs, convoys, and other assets;
- the Lifeform Server, which adds human character performances to distributed simulation battle spaces;
- DI-Guy Scenario (with Artificial Intelligence), DI-Guy’s solution for authoring human performances and filling scenarios with real-time interactive characters;
- DI-Guy SDK, the core of the DI-Guy product line that integrates realistic characters into visual systems.
- Web Technology – MAK is combining web technology with traditional COTS modeling and simulation products to provide powerful and lightweight solutions — high-performing, yet accessible anywhere. ITEC 2014 demonstrations show how the MAK WebLVC Server and the MAK WebLVC Suite take advantage of web technology to create interoperable web applications for the Modeling and Simulation community.
- Web & Mobile Apps – Visitors will experience the newest interactive demonstration of WebLVC applications and hosted MAK products, the Training System Demonstrator. This cutting-edge system takes the advantages of MAK’s entire product line and connects web and mobile applications to show you how to reduce operator workload and increase development productivity.
MAK is hosting a Special Networking Event on Wednesday, May 21st at 4:00 pm in the company’s booth, C140. All are invited to stop by and get to know the MAK team and product line.
VT MAK develops software for distributed simulation. Leveraging a strong foundation of COTS software products, MAK works with customers to build and populate compelling 3D simulated environments. Our primary users are in the aerospace, defense, and transportation industries, yet our products and services can help customers anywhere modeling and simulation is needed to train, plan, analyze, experiment, prototype, and demonstrate. MAK is dedicated to serving our customers by building flexible products, offering superior technical support, and innovating new ways to build, populate and view interoperable 3D simulated worlds. MAK continues to take advantage of new technologies that further the state of simulation. Our products help users link, simulate and visualize their world. VT MAK is a company of VT Systems. Please visit www.mak.com for more information.
VT Systems is an engineering company providing integrated solutions to the commercial and government markets in the aerospace, electronics, land systems and marine sectors. VT Systems’ innovative solutions, products and services include aircraft maintenance, repair and modification; software solutions in training and simulation; satellite-based IP communications technology; network solutions that integrate data, voice and video; rugged computers and computer peripheral equipment; specialized truck bodies and trailers; weapons and munitions systems; road construction equipment; and ship design and shipbuilding. Headquartered in Alexandria, Va., VT Systems operates globally and is a wholly owned subsidiary of ST Engineering. Please visit www.vt-systems.com.
Marketing Communications Specialist
Phone: (1) 617-876-8085 x138
Fax: (1) 617-876-9208
Manager, Corporate Communications
Phone: (1) 703-739-2610
Fax: (1) 703-739-2611