To use a MÄK product, you must run the MÄK License Manager and you must obtain a license for the product.
Download the License Manager installer for your platform:
Windows (32 bit): ftp://ftp.mak.com/out/MAKLicenseManager-win-setup.exe
Windows (64 bit): ftp://ftp.mak.com/out/MAKLicenseManager-win64-setup.exe
Linux (32 bit): ftp://ftp.mak.com/out/MAKLicenseManager-linux-setup.tar.gz
Linux (64 bit): ftp://ftp.mak.com/out/MAKLicenseManager-linux64-setup.tar.gz
To install the License Manager on Windows, run the installer and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
To install the License Manager on Linux, copy the tar file to the directory where you want to install it. Untar it:
tar -xvzf MAKLicenseManager-linux-setup.tar.gz
After you install the License Manager, please refer to MAKLicenseManagement.pdf for additional instructions.
Dongle License Support
If you have purchased a dongle license, you must install drivers for your platform. To install the drivers on Windows, choose the Dongle Drivers option on the Select Components page of the installation wizard.
To install drivers on Linux, follow the instructions in MAKLicenseManagement.pdf.
On Linux, in the License Manager directory, run lmhostid.
On Windows, do any one of the following:
- If you have the latest version of the License Manager (after October 18, 2011), run the License Manager utility. The Host ID is on the Request License tab.
- In the LicenseManager directory, run lmhostid.bat.
- Run lmtools.exe and on the System Settings tab, get the value in the Ethernet Address field.
How to Get the Dongle ID
The Dongle ID is printed on the dongle package. It is a string that begins with "9". (It is not the Flexnet ID.) If you do not have the package, to get the dongle ID:
- Insert the dongle in your computer.
- In a command window, CD to the License Manager directory.
To troubleshoot the dongle installation, please refer to MAKLicenseManagement.pdf.
Transferring a License to a Different Server