An Image Generator (IG) is the visual component of a training or analysis system. It provides realistic scenes of the virtual environment to the role players in the simulation or to the analysts in engineering simulations.
Simulations often require a visual representation of the synthetic environment. Whether this is a high performance Out-The-Window view for a full motion flight simulator, or a sensor channel for hardware-in-the-loop testing, an image generator is the visual component of the solution.
All simulations are different and vary greatly - that's also true with image generators. The IG component for an attack helicopter trainer will require drastically different technology then the visual system for a truck driver trainer.
MÄK Image Generators
The MÄK Image Generator uses best of breed technologies to custom tailor high quality visual scenes of the synthetic environment for your specific simulation needs. A MÄK IG system will have some or all of the following components:
- Rendering Engine – The rendering engine renders 3D scenes with 1000s of vehicles and other simulation objects. Core technology: VR-Vantage.
- Multichannel distributed views – The MÄK Image Generator can manage multiple monitors per computer and drive display engines on multiple computers. Core technology: VR-Vantage IG.
- High Fidelity Sensor Visualization – The MÄK Image Generator can simulate night vision goggles, infra-red, and other spectrums. Core technology: JRM SensorFX.
- Correlated Terrain – VT MÄK’s approach to terrain, terrain agility, ensures that you can use the terrain formats you need, when you need them. We can also help you develop custom terrains and integrate them with correlated terrain solutions to ensure interoperability with other exercise participants. Core technologies: VR-TheWorld Server, VR-inTerra.
- Hardware – Rack mounted or stand-alone PCs built specifically for running the MÄK IG.
- Open Standards Compliance –MÄK Image Generator supports the High Level Architecture (HLA) and Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS) protocols. Core technology: VR-Link networking toolkit.